CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 11, 2011

Do I want a brownie or a cookie, brownie or cookie...

I've had those days, days when I really don't know what I want...  Sometimes you just wish you could have the best of both worlds, chill it out, take it slow, then you rock out the show.  You know, mix it all together and you know you have the best of both worlds.  Sorry, I have an 8 year old who loves Hannah Montana right, that song is always in my head!  When I stumbled upon the recipe for Brookies, over at bunsinmyoven.com I knew I had to make them!
First make the brownie portion:

 Melt 2 sticks of butter in a saucepan, then stir in 2 1/4 cups of sugar.  Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, but not letting the mixture boil.
 Pour butter mixture into bowl and beat in 4 large eggs, 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon espresso powder (if desired).  Next mix in 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour and 2 cups of chocolate chips.  
 Spread brownie batter into a 9x13 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.

Now for the cookie part!

 Beat together 2 sticks of butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until creamy.
 Add 2 eggs, one at a time, until combined.  Mix 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, then gradually add to the egg and butter mixture.  Stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips.
 Drop small spoonfuls of cookie batter on top of the brownie batter in the pan.  Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into brownie portion is almost clean.

Enjoy!

0 comments: